Wednesday 25 March 2015

Eindhoven

It turns out that the early bird that I used to be, has turned into a night owl ... hence the post that has been written in the wee hours of the morning!

Here are some photographs of the week that I spent with family in the Netherlands. And before you even think the question that I have been asked numerous times: no, I haven't been to Amsterdam... yet. Not to worry though, Amsterdam is on the to-do list!

First up, a few Dutch traditions in December. Chocolate is hung on Christmas trees and each child receives a chocolate in the form of the first letter of his/her name. In this instance I was more than happy to be classified as a non-adult!

Edible decorations, also known as Kerstkransjes, and my very own chocolate letter:




Whenever the weather was good, we grabbed the chance and went for a walk or a bicycle ride. The cool thing about the Netherlands is that it is so flat! You never need to pedal uphill!













Windmill













We had good food and good company, but one of the most memorable moments was waking up to a world covered with white stuff: SNOW!!!

My first view of snow ever!
Before
After

The first snowman that I have ever built, although I think it looks more like an alien. 





Ice is super cool to photograph, but after 30 minutes in the freezing morning air my camera decided that it had, had enough and just stopped working. Luckily it was only temporary!





My friend , Suzaan, and I having fun in the sunshine and snow!



We both work in France and decided to meet up in the Netherlands before flying off to Italy for a week. What a wonderful trip that turned out to be! But that is a whole other post on it's own...



No comments:

Post a Comment